Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Aeryn

Well...my XAH was a clown drunk so I can add some dark humor to the mix.

One Thanksgiving he actually passed out IN THE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. Classic....I mean he was eating it and enjoying it right out of the pan and an hour or so later he was snoring in it. OK...I was pissed of at the time (and I would not want to repeat the experience) but now that I don't live with him anymore I have to just laugh. This is the crap I lived with - it's only funny after you move out.

For me the holidays being ruined are more about my FOO but yah XAH made every holiday some drunken comedy which is not funny when you are in the middle of the mess. Once he passed out in the yard with his present half open...OMG - it's lol now but not at the time.

Oh...and one Thanksgiving his parents were coming and I was trying to get the house all ready and he kept passing out everywhere and I was getting mad so he "disappeared"...his parents came and we found him "asleep" in the shower (it wasn't on thankfully)...horrifying at the time but now LOL.

I laugh about it now but the sad part of it all was it was never "real" - there was nothing authentic about the holiday or our relationship or even the comedy because he was drunk and never present....that's why I say it's a dark funny...rather than funny haha.

I have another thread complaining about being in the holidays alone but honestly I'd rather be alone any day than with my NPD FOO (that's a mean mess) or with active alcoholism.