Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Spinner-007

A lot of Christmases. And other holidays. And kids' functions. And vacations. And every day life.

Christmas Eve two years ago: kids were asleep(thank you, Lord) and I was getting ready to put all the goodies in stockings, under the tree, etc.

Wife came downstairs so freaking drunk, it was beyond believable. She 'tried to help' and tried to stuff oversized gifts into the stockings, and was just not really helping at all(like I had to write THAT part).

I told her to go take a nap and I'll call her when I need her to help. She went to bed, promptly passed out and didn't wake till the kids woke us.

We had them opening the gifts and she really looked and functioned like nothing had happened the night before.

When all the gifts were opened, she made us some breakfast, and went right back to bed and slept the entire day away.

While I was glad for the moment that it was just me and the kids from that moment on, I was heartbroken for the kids not having mommy around to show the fun stuff to and to play with the kids. My mother made our Christmases, and I just wanted the same memories for them.

Merry Christmas to all(a bit early, I know, but just the same!).