Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Yes living with an active A can ruin the special days and all the other days that end with "y"

But please remember my friends ~ YOU have choices, YOU have options, YOU can decide to make any day you want fabulous regardless of what anyone else may do . . .

I lost many days to the active disease and to my own obessions of what might happen, what was happening ~ then I got into recovery and my home group & sponsors helped me learn ways to enjoy life.

I had Plan A, B C & D -

If the A's is going to be at home drinking, using ~ maybe don't stay home with them ~
How about GO and enjoy your life ~
find a good friend to go and have fun with ~ go crash on someone's sofa, roast marshmellows on the kitchen stove, string popcorn, read a favorite book, watch your favorite funny movie, drive around looking at Christmas lights, take the kids caroling at the local nursing home, the possibilities are endless

Live and Let Live is the slogan - we learn in recovery about "let live" but do we live - the holidays can be about celebrating joy, peace, love, and life ~ find a way to celebrate yours ~ it can be very liberating.

wishing you a happy holiday season!

pink hugs!