View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
gr9813

I quit because my blood pressure was 158/90. After I quit my blood pressure was 175/90 - month later (tested at a pharmacy). Made a doctors appointment and blood pressure was 150/90. I eat healthy, only drink water, yoga 4x a week, exercise and all that good stuff. I was told I'd have to go on blood pressure medication (I'm 32, 175lbs 6' male). I said no to the pills and requested to see a cardiologist. In the 10 days leading up to the cardioligist, I invested in a blood pressure monitor ($70 investment). I took daily readings 4 times on each arm at 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm. All the readings were normal 115/75, with the exception of a 130/80 here and there. I took the data to the cardiologist and diagnosed with whitecoat hypertension. No pills for me... I have social anxiety, which caused my blood pressure to skyrocket. I was told to learn to relax.

Messed up part was, I almost started drinking again after the 176/90 reading. It was lower when I was getting drunk all the time, what's the point of being sober? I stuck with it, and was determined to fix it one way or another. Today is day 54.

A side note, the drinking also had my blood sugar way high. They were also nervous I was going become a diabetic... I dodged that bullet too. All blood work was normal as well as liver and kidney function.

I'm done with poisoning myself.