Thread: Sobriety?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Florence

My husband is a fairly big guy. Right before he went to detox, what I saw him drinking was about a handle of liquor every 3-ish days (I was actually tracking how much was being consumed because I was starting to document for divorce/custody purposes). That was what I saw - he was also apparently drinking stuff not in the open.

When he checked in to detox, he had run out of liquor sometime that morning, he checked in sometime in the early evening, and they made him do a breathalyzer on check in. He blew a .157 - almost twice the legal limit for driving hours after he stopped drinking....I shudder to think what he was probably running at any point on any given day, since he was also using benzos to ward off withdrawal symptoms so he could function without drinking at work.
Mine too. He's a big guy, and I knew he could hide his drinking well, but I had no idea how well. After not drinking for 8 hours or so, he was checked into rehab and blew a 2.0, and was talking to the intake people as clear as a spring day. It was a jaw-dropping moment for me. He should have been slurring and stumbling. He should have been passed out.

I'm just going to say, Snood, that counting drinks and calculating her BAL is bad news. I hope you are able to back off for your own sake. All this concentration on the math detail is not seeing the forest for the trees.