View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I too realize it is not camp and is not going to be a rosy experience all around and that it should SCARE them. I simply mean if he has already cut and run and has in his head he is not going back that I hope he finds other help. I guess I am a rehab skeptic for some places. My husband went to a rehab for alcohol abuse. There were people there who were addicted to powerful drugs that got much more focus than the alcohol abuser. It was almost as though O well, you have an alcohol problem, suck it up. These people have real problems. I have said it seemed more to me like a little vacation for him than rehab. It was a waste of alot of money that we did not have at the time. I wish we would have checked the place out before and not made a rush decision and invested the money in a program that actually helped him instead of just keeping him out of jail.

That being said, I hope you realize that if he goes back or if he goes somewhere else, that is up to him. It is not your job to call and beg them to take him back, it would be his job. It is also up to him to find an alternative if that is the solution.

Good luck and again, make sure you find time to work on you!