View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
DG0409

It's really good to see everyone posting.

Goat, none of us mind you posting that everything is going fine, even if we're having a rough time of it. We want to hear about however things are going for you. We're not the 'Whiners Anonymous Thread' here after all, you don't have to have something to whine about to post. Good to hear that you have a second contract lined up.

Scoutie- I met a blue healer puppy today. It was so adorable. Made me think of you and BD. I kind of wanted to take it home, but I really can't have a dog with all the travel I do for work.

Drake- hang in there. There are aspects of my life that get me down, too. But I remind myself that although I see them ever so painfully clearly now that I'm not drinking, at least there is some chance that I will be able to deal with them and actually change things for the better sober.

I've felt a tad unmotivated regarding my recovery behaviors lately. Partly, I've just been busy which makes me want to ignore them. Even simple things like taking a few minutes in the morning to plan out my day, do a bit of journaling, read something motivating and fill out my health journal or making sure to do a bit of stretching or get a bit of exercise. Then I feel worse when I let those things slip.

Work is really picking up for me. I have a bunch of new contracts that have fallen in my lap. All one-time stuff that needed done yesterday. So, I feel a bit of pressure with more to do than I know how to handle at the moment. In a way it's good though. At least the pressure is temporarily off for trying to score new contracts.