Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I don't think we get calloused Kindeyes, it's just that the story gets old. And that's not all a bad thing for us, although it is for our sons.

Once the story gets old for us, we let out a deep sigh and throw cold water on our faces and once again we just let go. We no longer race to save them, because they are not ours to save. We no longer scramble to find the answers for them, or cry ourselves to sleep, or rip our hair out trying to figure out what WE did wrong...we just brush ourselves off and say a prayer for them.

We have learned the lessons, we are stronger now than we were in the beginning, we are wiser too. We have courage enough to let them find their own way, in their own time. And we know we can trust our instincts rather than feel guilty for feeling that way.

You will be okay. So will I. Our boys are in God's care and He can do for them what we cannot.

So let's go watch the sunset and sit and watch the stars come out later...and know that all is well in the universe. I'll bring the cheesecake.

Hugs from one mama's heart to another's.