Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cece1960
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
Well....it appears that my wobble a while back wasn't really a wobble.....it was actually gut feeling (funny how we don't need evidence because gut feelings are usually so right)........my dear son has relapsed. It's out in the open now. He met a girl in NA and they relapsed together. Gosh but that is so cliché in the world of addiction, isn't it? It came "out" because the robust 175 pound man that came out of the Salvation Army is now.....maybe 145-150 pounds. He blamed it on his work which is very physically demanding. But I finally just asked.....and he admitted it.

Now that it's all out in the open, there is a kind of sense of relief in a way for all of us and the next steps are up to them. It is so out of my control. And there's a part of me that simply doesn't care what they decide to do. That sounds so sad and calloused but.......

I'm just done.

If a diabetic refused to take their insulin, exercise, and eat right.......I would have to let it go. Let go or be dragged........let go and let God......let go......or lose myself.

letting go
ke
I'm sorry KE. I trust my gut as well...and my eyes and the wieghtloss is a strong indicator. My son's "frequent relapses" are much more in the open now also. I think in part due to the obvious signs and part due to what seems to be his reluctancy to hide it. I don't like the last part because it gives the appearance that all is well, when it is not well at all.