View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Br00ksie
Perpetual Optimist

It is officially 30 days for me!

So it's officially day 30 for me!!

I was reflecting on that fact and realized that I have not had 30 consecutive days of sobriety in over 10 years!! That sh*t cray.

My sponsor, AA, my sober network, my higher power, and SR are how I've made it to this point. Sobriety for me is becoming a way of life! I am changing the way I'm living, the places I'm going, the people I hang around, and I am seeing RESULTS!

I am not only sober, I'm in RECOVERY. I have been working really hard to make it this far, I've seen so many positive results, I'm having a blast, and I remember it all! I feel like I have been introduced to myself for the first time, and I actually LIKE who I am!! That has never been the case.

On my worst day I was really upset over a family matter and it was too late to call anyone, so I shared on SR. I received immediate support and positivity, which got me through the evening. What's mind-blowing to me is, even on my WORST day of the past 30 days, in the midst of a breakdown, I was grateful to be sober!

Shoutout to my September, 2013 class for being the awesome sober supportive rock stars that you are!!

Although having 30 days of sobriety feels AMAZING, I never want to have 30 days again! I hope to continue onward and upward, one day at a time.

Much love and thanks to everyone on this wonderful site!!! I am so proud of myself, so grateful have found SR and to be in this skin!!

Okay, I'm done rambling...the orchestra is starting to play!