Thread: Angry
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Correy
Swashbuckler

No one could give you a smart, well-informed reply given the scarcity of info we have. Moreover, I think we're not qualified to give family advices, and are rather here to support, listen and to wish each other the very best in our daily struggles.

However, I think we're free to express our feelings - and if I'm wrong I kindly ask veterans of SR to correct me and even delete this post - so all I can say is that it is absolutely inexcusable for anyone to treat other human being with unprovoked anger and insults!

No one deserves to live anxiety ridden and walking on eggs shells because of someone else, recovery or no recovery.

Hope he'll come to his senses. Assuming he's not dangerous (physically) for your health, I'd calmly confront him, not by accusing him of anything, rather by sharing your feelings of anxiety, fear and misfortune.

Try to talk, if possible at all, in a non judgmental way (always start with a compliment, focusing on his best side) because you need to:
a) understand him and what is he going through and than
b) he would need to understand you and that would be a good way to start healing.

But do not let yourself suffer and to be bullied for whatever excuse might exist. Do not forget, we drunks, we're masters of excuses.

Good luck.