Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by newguy22 View Post
I never drink Sunday through Thursday and I have been able to hold down a steady job as a Web Developer for several years. The problem is that Friday and Saturday I drink enough for two weeks.

Every Friday I buy 2 fifths for myself and I always find myself drinking them both by Sunday morning. The sad thing about it is that I never binge. If I did, I would probably just tax my liver once and then just pass out. But no, I just drink a steady amount of liquor so that I am consistently buzzed and continue this for hours on end. I have several times, finished a liter of Tanqueray single handedly in a span of 12 hours. My tolerance is to a point now where I actually plan on drinking more than a fifth and so I buy a 6-pack or a bottle of wine in addition. This has been going on for almost 3 years.
newguy, welcome, I'm glad that you came here to post. You're going to find a world of information and great people who will offer the support that you need. This board has been monumental in helping to maintain my sobriety.

In your post I made a specific portion bold. Do you understand what binging is? It's exactly what you're doing and just what I did too. Drinking excessively over periods of time. What did you think binging meant?