View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Weaver

I am still "new" to this sober recovery/ journey thing but as MANY on here have told me in my past rambling "woe is me" posts I HAVE TO WANT IT. This time, I DO want it. Having said that, I fully expect difficult and trying times ahead. But it is a journey I am willing and excited to take. I/We alcoholics have trained our brains for so long to either be drunk or seek another drink. It became a way of life. Even when we were not drunk we were hungover/anxious/panicky or just looking for our next darn fix.

Getting and staying sober (at least for me) is a complete lifestyle and mindset change. I am and will continue to have to change everything I have known thus far since being an addict. But I know it is and will be worth it. I am finding day by day, inch by inch new things about myself. Some I like and some I don't. I cannot get better while drinking though and I KNOW life is better without alcohol.

YOU CAN DO THIS. I can do this. It has been done, it's been done by dozens and dozens of active members on this forum alone. That is enough to give me hope.

Stay strong my friend.