Thread: Hate this
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
croydonlad

What's a dual diagnosis group? It's a shame you didn't like some aspects of the meeting this time. What was different? Keep going though! Don't give up!

I'm still not craving alcohol at all which is good. I just have no interest in it.

I did have a dream the other night where I was in a bar and I was the only person not drinking and my friend gave me a shot and when I said I didn't want it they all started shouting and trying to make me. I woke up feeling really awkward and kind of like I'd let myself down even though it was only a dream and I don't even know if I dream drank the shot or not!

I mentioned it to my counsellor though and we got onto how I felt in different types of social situations and how I felt in them with drink and without drink and I can really see, taking a step back and talking it through, why I started off having just one more drink than other people years ago when I wasn't problem drinking. Doesn't explain how I turned out to be a full on alcoholic but it just developed over time.

Anyway, it helps to have these things to think about. It's already helping me think about certain situations differently and cope with certain things better. I find counselling really helpful if you get the right person.