View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TMZ

Some true signs of recovery is; not associating with the old crowd, going to meetings, working the steps, getting a sponsor, making amends, and so on.

Addiction is a life long disease, but they can find recovery. I like to call them recovering addicts. Because it takes work on not only themselves personally but also a new social life, and they deserve to be called "recovering."

I agree that, that roommate is a giant step backwards. But we can only control our own lives. It seams you did good by setting boundaries and openly sharing your feelings on it. That is about all you can do, beside what you have been doing by showing by example.

Now an active addict would not spend time reading or playing video games as that would require too much attention and they would not have the attention span. so for now sounds like he is clean.

The thing in your post that grabbed me the most though and concerns me is; "Well he disappointed me again." In order to be disappointed you have had to have some expectations or assumptions of what you expect from him. ...If you are truly working on you, and have had the spiritual awakening. Why then do you have this feeling? Why are you expecting from someone else anything. Your recovery is all about you and not expecting someone else to provide anything for your own serenity. You are letting him have control again.
Keep working on YOU! Your going to be the guiding light.....