View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DeadToYou

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome DeadToYou! I'm glad you wanted to discuss this. I wish I'd taken an honest look at what alcohol was doing to my life when I was in my 20's.

I knew early on I didn't drink like other people I knew. They could have a couple and be fine. Once it got in my system I didn't know what the outcome would be. I once binged on weekends like you - but over the years my drinking progressed. It took more & more to achieve the same result. The weekend drinking eventually became every night - and in the end, all day. I never would've imagined I'd be so dependent on it. I'm not saying that would be you - only you can know how it's affecting your life - but you are wise to be asking these questions. I hope you'll keep posting.
I could feel the same thing happening to me, to be honest. I think I would have been 'safer' drinking everyday (as far as bodily harm goes) but because of the weekend binges and weekday purges, I've been putting my body through pure hell. I think it's more dangerous to do what I was doing, but in the long run, there is no 'right' way to be an alcoholic .

I got full-blown sick from withdrawal this time, peaking at day 3 (two days ago) and it's the best sign I could have ever asked for. Day five feels so much better, my anxiety and depression have lowered, no more mental fog... it's just such a great feeling.

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm definitely staying sober for the rest of my life and I plan on posting here for the additional support. You guys all seem really cool.