Thread: Clarity
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
KateL
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
I joined SR in March this year and to be honest, I wanted to stop drinking but never really had the conviction to do so.

Yesterday, I bought 2 bottles of wine and hid them, then drunk them after my husband went out to meet his sister and brother. He is not drinking at the minute - health drive.

He doesn't know that I had them.

I realised that I am kidding noone but myself. It is my health at risk. I watched a programme last night about a 35 year girl who has to get 20+ litres of fluid drained from her stomach every 3 weeks due to ascites - alcohol induced. It was also about binge drinking and the people interviewed said they did it because ' you only live once'. There was a 21 year old who has had 2 bouts of pancreatitis and still drank heavily.

I just thought to myself - 'wise up .... and there but for the grace of God etc'.

I feel like c**p today but also feel good because I never want to fell like this again. Its not worth it - life is for living and drinking does not enable that.

I have so much I want to do and drinking prevents me from achieving anything. I signed up to do a degreee in health and social care, starting in February, and was actually considering not doing it because I knew that I couldn't do it while drinking. More sensible to do the course and give up the drink!!

Anyway, I am just putting my thoughts out into the air - they are not entirely thought through or edited.

I will be on SR a lot over the next days, months etc.

Keep well everyone xx
Fantastic. So good you have the forethought to do this before it gets too out of hand. So many don't.xxxx