View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FeenixxRising

I appreciate your honesty Anoronha. IMO such thoughts are normal. I have them from time to time.

However, I work very hard to push such thoughts immediately out of my mind, and I work very hard at remembering just how bad my drinking had become. I may have stopped at a relatively high bottom, but I did a lot of low bottom things when I drank. Frankly, were it not for a little luck I could have easily hit a very low bottom. I could have easily had DUI's or worse, I could have been seriously injured when I drank and did all manner of dangerous crap. I could have easily died in my sleep when I drank and mixed other substances with alcohol. The list goes on. Like I said, the only thing separating me from those who lost just about everything is a luck and stopping myself before I started that final downward spiral.

If you're having trouble shaking this thought, you may want to sit down and list all the trouble and problems caused by your drinking. Our memories tend to fade after awhile, and that's not a good thing for those of us with drinking problems.