View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DeadToYou

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
I think the fact that your drinking is causing you clear distress and upset in your life and messing with your calmness is enough to realise that it's a problem for you.

Forget the labels - it doesn't matter what you 'are' ultimately what matters is that your not happy with this lifestyle and you would be a lot happier not drinking. Some of us are just allergic to alcohol. It absolutely paralyses me with anxiety too when I drink. When I don't drink I'm reasonably ok - I'm still wired high but it's manageable.

Why don't you try a weekend off the sauce and see how you feel? It certainly won't do you any harm I wish you well whatever you decide to do.
Great post / answer! I do that once every few months and I have a really good week, but I get into the state of feeling so good that by the next Friday I ask myself, "Hey, why don't we celebrate and have a beer?". Which is, technically the worst idea imaginable and a sign I can't handle it anymore.

I'm high-strung all the time as it is, too, and I think it's just too easy to kill it off with a few beers. How did you learn to live without it?