View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DeadToYou

I've decided to stop for good.

Hey, guys. I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while now that I'm an alcoholic and I've been one for years. I feel kind of lame for not realizing some obvious signs about a potentially serious problem... but at the same time, I don't even know if I am a true alcoholic. To that question, I'm sure the answer is usually a yes.

I know you guys have a huge community with plenty of threads like this happening everyday, so I'll try to keep this short. Anyway, I've been a weekend binger since I turned 21 (I just turned 24 in September), and somehow I figured that 6 (or sometimes more) beers on average for three days in a row was completely OK (ritualistically, too. Friday through Sunday is when I do the damage, every single weekend). What's worse is the backlash I get, which consists of nausea, anxiety and sometimes shaking all the way until Wednesday.

So the only question(s) I really have for you lovely people is, if you were to ignore the fact that I made this thread, would you consider me an alcoholic? Is binge drinking the first sign? I just want to quit for real this time, and it's so hard. My self confidence has completely plummeted because of it, too.

Anyway, thank you guys for reading this! I look forward to posting here and getting to know the community.