Thread: in shock
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
help4hubby

I feel good about my decision to switch counselors. Even if I had really liked the one I saw yesterday, I wouldn't be able to go there often and appointments are scheduled weeks in advance. I noticed that when my husband initially called to set up counseling services at the place he goes to, they were quick to get him in and his counselor/the owner of the business made it a point to tell him that if they didn't click he could try one of her colleagues. I really like that her office is so close to our house too.

I really don't know how to feel about the whole lawyer issue. I really feel like my husband should step up and take care of this for himself (find himself a lawyer and pay for it on his own). On the other hand as I say this I'm reminded of a time or two (or three) when I desperately needed my parents help and they were BOTH there for me financially and emotionally. So it's kind of wrong of me to expect my husband to do something that I wasn't able to do.

Part of what I'm really struggling with is feeling guilty. I know without a doubt that I did the right thing by involving the police. But seeing how this is affecting my mother in-law financially makes me feel a little guilty. I also wonder if she still feels the same way now that things have calmed down or does she blame me in any way? I know that this is ridiculous bc I didn't cause all of this and I made a responsible choice but nonetheless I'm still struggling. I'm going to talk to her this week and tell her how I'm feeling and see how she feels. I also am going to make a counseling appointment, maybe just by myself for now and then with my husband later.