Thread: in shock
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
help4hubby

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes unfortunately my appointment didn't go so great. I am going to find a different counselor to talk to, maybe even the same one that my husband is seeing or one from that practice. They cover a wide array of issues there and bc my husband is seeking long term counseling they are giving him a discounted rate. The other plus side to the place he goes to is that it's only a few minutes from our house. The place I went today was an hour away.

We found out today that my husband does not qualify for a public defender. He was told to reapply since I'm not currently working and to list monthly expenses like house and car payments. Well that request was also denied even though he meets the criteria. I'm not sure what will happen now but I do know that there is absolutely no way that I will help financially with this. His mother gave him the name and number of a lawyer that specializes in domestic issues. I'm sure she will be helping him with the cost. I really wish that she wouldn't. I know that my husband can't afford a lawyer on his own but I feel like she is cleaning up his mess by helping with this.

I know that what happened that night wasn't my fault and I know that I handled it correctly, I just hate that she is going to be the one to pay for at least some of this. When I think back on it I wonder what would have happened if I wouldn't have called 911. Would he have believed me the next day when I told him what happened? How seriously would everyone have taken it if I wouldn't have gotten help and proof? We talked about it today for a little bit. He says he doesn't even remember most of that night.