View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
shay17

Congrats on 8 months! I can't wait to be there, that's an accomplishment!

I worked a wine tasting tonight (I'm in the wine biz and working on getting out of course) at a yacht club with other suppliers. Everyone else was sipping on something and I was offered a glass of sparkling wine at least 4 or 5 times when the dessert came out. I love the taste of it and for a split second I thought "a little couldn't hurt, eh". The beast was ready to go even though 2 weeks ago I thought I was literally going to die from withdrawals. I said no politely every time and just got home and jumped onto this site right away.

I'm so thankful I didn't listen to that voice and give in - each and every day we have to make that decision whether we want to live or die (literally and/or metaphorically).

Personally there's no boredom or loneliness I've ever felt that isn't trumped by the agony, pain and regret after drinking. Fast forward the tape in your brain to how you'd feel tomorrow...that helps me. Hope you continue to make positive decisions. Keep it up, the only thing you're missing out on is a world of hurt

Shayx