Thread: this.sucks
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eve13

this.sucks

I know each of you understand, and many have BTDT.

I've been reading here on SR, my husband and I have gone to a trusted therapist and have met with our son and his counselor. I've gone to a couple AlAnon meetings but haven't yet felt a good fit. Unfortunately, he continues to test positive, and the court is becoming increasingly tired of this. He had a 3-day inpatient rehab stay awhile ago, we pretty much felt he was trying to game the system. This has been confirmed with his continued use. On Friday, he initially agreed to go to rehab and in front of his counselor scheduled to go today at 5pm. We told him rehab or leave, as we suspect he is still gaming. We will not tolerate continued violation of probation (after several opportunities for counseling/AA etc, enough is enough) After rehab we told him he needs to go to a sober living environment as he wouldn't be able to come home until he has demonstrated he can be clean. (as determined by his counselor at a future point in time)

Well, under much duress we took him to rehab. We continually told him this is his choice. Probably jail or rehab. He told us he will kill himself there and in fact had 'hid' (poorly) a full bottle of Tylenol in his socks, which I took. He refused to have us come in with him, then texted about 3 minutes later that he was leaving and was going to live on the street. We texted back "ok".

I've updated his counselor and his lawyer since he has a hearing this week, and really don't know if he stayed or left. I did take his house key so he cannot come in if we are not home.

This is the right decision on our part to take care of ourself. His journey is his own. We have not been doing him any favors allowing him to be at home. But boy, does this suck. And I pray that he finds a HP that will look over him.