View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
liv1ce

I think all who have quit have found who their "friends" were/are. Our former "friends" were just others who lived the drug life, or the alcohol life - the addicted life. We draw together like magnets in search of satisfaction of the addiction. The more others we find the more our addiction - our life - seems normal and justified.

Quitting sets you apart and threatens the "others." It makes you different and brings the fear of quitting and withdrawal to those who can't or don't want to quit.

Those that come to support you are your friends and those that shy away were there for the joint as you so aptly put.

I smoked weed for 20 years with 10 of those all day every day. My friend was weed and all others were there only to find me more when I needed it and I always needed it. I don't think I delved into the level of strength that you have and never encountered the level of hallucination and psychological involvement that you describe but I certainly was addicted and had to get out of it.

I function normally now but addiction never goes away and I have continued to struggle with the beast to maintain that.

I think it is important that you work toward something to do with yourself to give you focus and direction. You mention a business of your own. What is your skill or interest area?