View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lilly13

Need help with adult addict

My 22 year old son recently completed a program at a treatment facility out of state. He had been addicted to opiates and then to methadone as he was going to a methadone clinic every day. Took 8 days of detox and another 51 days of meetings and counseling. He is now living with me and his stepdad. My husband recently had a wisdom tooth removed and the doctor prescribed Percocet but my husband could only manage taking them for a couple of days because he hated the way it made him feel - he was prescribed 20 tablets and had only taken a total of 5. A couple days later, 6 were missing so we assumed the worst and I confronted my son about it (of course he denied it) until I found a rolled up piece of paper with powder residue and his roadside assistance card that he used to chop them up. He said he took 4 of them and flushed the other two (which I doubt). So, my husband put the bottle with the remaining 7 tablets in his bathroom drawer. You have to enter our bedroom and then go into the bathroom from there. He discovered yesterday that the bottle was empty. I confronted my son again and he said he took them but of course lied about what he did with them. I want to create a contract with him that spells out my boundaries and the consequences if he relapses one more time. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.