Thread: in shock
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

In some States, the no contact goes both ways. If something happens and the cops show up and find out that he has been around and you did not call them, you could get hauled off to jail too.
I really feel for you and I just wanted to pitch in, my X started the physical abuse by trying to strangle me in a black out. I did not call the cops or anything and also thought it was a one time thing and was not afraid of him, guess what the abuse only escalated from there.
I'm scared to death about my family finding out but I really think that it would be better to be forthcoming with them than to try and hide it.
Why are your scared of your family finding out? You will probably get lots of support from them. Are you scared that if they find out that he abuses you and you still have him around and do not leave him they will start giving you s...t?
Is trying to hide it from your family a way for you to keep the door open to remaining in that relationship?
Anyway, I hope you will take this situation very seriously and take every measures possible to protect yourself. It will only get worst.

hugs