View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
SereneEdition

Firstweek - (((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you so much for sharing.

You're making really good choices, both for yourself & your sobriety & giving your unconditional love to your partner. It's not what happens to us, it is how we react that counts - and your 2 months of sobriety is shining with the beautiful person that you are. I admire your strength of character.

The changes we make in early sobriety can take a toll on our relationships - which may be stressed from the pre-sobriety buildup. The reality is that we often have to be 'selfish in our recovery' and focus on ourselves for a bit before we can re-engage - really glad to hear that you'll be getting some additional support.

The only way forward (and the opportunity of a future relationship) is through. It will be challenging, but you can do this. I have total confidence in you. Particularly with a big change, just taking it day by day can help.

What is your support network like right now? I would recommend AA meetings (as many as you can do) & see join the groups post meeting for coffee, etc. I will check the list a bit more regularly - posting in newcombers or 24 hours can be a bit more active. There are also chat & online meetings here. SR is a safe place to process.

Sending warm thoughts. You're going to be ok.