View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Lotusangel

Pravchaw, I am so sorry for all that has happened. We, as parents, easily get our hopes up with any little crumb, and that's fine. The problem is we automatically set those expectations and then when they aren't met, we are the ones with problem. So hard. I think boundaries can be set, whatever is comfortable for you to handle at the time, and still have hope. My son finished his entire IOP and even got a certificate, had 87 days of sobriety under his belt and relapsed. I was crushed. He did pick himself up and is trying but it's difficult for him. Right now he isn't speaking to me but he does speak with my oldest son, his brother and that comforts me. I saw him this weekend and he actually looked fine but I always worry. It is hard to keep myself from calling him wanting to know every minute of the day what he is doing, but I don't call. I just send him a text every night telling him I love him and that I hope he is safe. For now, this is how I survive. Just keep letting him know that you love him.