View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MrWotsit

Hi Chris, mate you are so insightful and deep, I envy that! Wish I was as articulate too. I’m not sure what an attachment disorder is as such but I have Asperger’s (maybe it’s similar?) Asperger’s is a spectrum of autism but a milder version of it I suppose. I wasn’t diagnosed until a couple of years ago after I had a heroin overdose and sent to rehab for an intensive programme of meth. I guess it explains a lot about why I struggle with social interaction; much like you? It’s annoying, I do understand more than you realise, I found it hard to find help after rehab and just went into a panic when I was in an NA meeting (hence relapsing). I couldn’t look at anybody or speak without breaking out into a sweat and stress so just got up and left. Not their fault like you said too, just us and our distancing from others. I do live alone, estranged from my family and I only have two friends who don’t use (one in rehab and my landlord lol). So I got a cheap laptop, falling to bits but it does the job and here I am. I am now trying to get clean for Christmas, hoping that my family will see me changed and invite me this year (first in12!) and well I don’t know, one can always hope. I have a bad infections in my arms from needles too so that has scared me to get clean, more my left arm. I’m on meth again for a couple of weeks but I will need to pull off them for some antibiotics to ease the infection. Anyway I’m rambling, you’re short film sounds like it’ll be great and what talent! I wouldn’t know where to start. Your ability to organise of meetings to help others too where do you find this strength?!  Keep positive my friend; you have so much to give! Cheers, Jake