View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jenibean87

Originally Posted by djayr View Post
This just keeps happening over, and over, and over again. There is no right answer. Maybe it's a battle of wills at this point. I want HER to say she WANTS to go to detox. That might be a crazy thing to expect of a mentally ill person. Maybe she is literally too sick to make a decision for herself. But if I force her to do something and she is resentful about it, heck with that.

It's just hard to watch. Really almost impossible. Thank you everyone for your care and concern. This is one of the main times I post on SR, when I am freaking out. It is very stressful.
I feel you. I would give anything for by ABF to say himself he wants to get sober, that he is sick of being sick. I've encouraged/dragged/threatened rehab so many times. A few times he went, and strung together some real time--mostly because his consequences were building and his bottoms so treacherous. He is in the same position as you AW now.... Sick and drinking himself to death in a hotel room. I want to help, and but I l know nothing I do will make him be sober.

911 is the only option of compassion to save their lives. Beyond that, we can't know if they will grasp onto recovery or not. Not our choice.

Relentlessly painful to watch this disease progress. I thought he had finally had enough...