View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

Originally Posted by djayr View Post
But if I force her to do something and she is resentful about it, heck with that.
BTDT and ruined the T-SHIRT! OMG... I so know the resentment you speak of!

Alcoholism is the worst thing I have ever experienced someone go through above all other illnesses... it is by far the WORST in my opinion. Why? Because they have a choice at the end of the day or the beginning of the day, the choice is theirs. They do not have to live this way.

I'm so sorry that you have to watch her do this. I know the heartbreak and anguish of watching it after my AH had his almost near fatal motorcycle accident and he was drinking himself to death soon after it happened. I stepped in and acted and boy oh boy was that a disaster! I don't know if he appreciated anything I did to save his life but I do know he was very resentful and for that, I don't know if I could ever extend my good faith to him again in that kind of situation. More like sit back and put my seatbelt on and have the morgue on speed dial.

Now, I focus more on myself and less on him. It's been working for me because I know I've done all I can and there is nothing left for me to do than to just mind myself. All I can truly say is I hate this disease! I f'ing HATE what it does to people and most of all, their families!