View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
escape artist

sdp, there is nothing wrong with you, your just a Codie like all the rest of us. I am still working on Boundaries. I think you might find some helpful threads all over the place here. I know how you feel about being taken advantage of but maybe feeling a little bit obligated by relatives, heck my SIL was so hungover she called me to ask if my young ones could come and play with her girls' new toys because they had their xmas early! How the heck would you explain to a 4 year old why Santa came to their house early? SIL is so used to having her demands met that she was quite taken aback when i said "We're making Xmas cookies. I'll let her call if she can". It seems like a weasly way to get out of it, but I was pretty surprised and very uncomfortable that she would expect me to get sucked into her hungover dilemma where she just needed to sleep and NOT deal with her own children! it was the best i could do at the time, a weak attempt at a boundary, but it did work and she definitely learned that i wouldn't be bailing her out.