View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
djayr
Lord Have Mercy

HI Everyone, thanks for the thoughts. I have called 911 before and she has actually refused to let the guys take her anywhere! But this time might be different. She is with a friend tonight and who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the day she goes to the hospital.

What is driving me crazy, is I want her to say "I'm sick and I need help" -- I feel like if she got to that point, she might put some real effort into recovery for the first time ever. I have many stories of getting her into detox by strong-arming, begging, dragging, pleading, etc., and then also stories of 911 life and death situations.

This just keeps happening over, and over, and over again. There is no right answer. Maybe it's a battle of wills at this point. I want HER to say she WANTS to go to detox. That might be a crazy thing to expect of a mentally ill person. Maybe she is literally too sick to make a decision for herself. But if I force her to do something and she is resentful about it, heck with that.

It's just hard to watch. Really almost impossible. Thank you everyone for your care and concern. This is one of the main times I post on SR, when I am freaking out. It is very stressful.