View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Unhappy Drop of a hat...

This is sort of the other end of the pendulum of TiredEnough's thread about euphoric feelings. I've been noticing how much, how readily and how easily I cry in the past few months. I used to rarely cry and try to avoid it, always afraid that if I start I will never be able to stop. The last time I cried uncontrollably was when I unexpectedly lost a family member several years ago.

Now, it seems like almost everything makes me cry. Some things make more sense, like when I am in uncontrollable pain. I still don't like it but at least it makes sense. But even watching The Voice the other night I was crying! At people's stories, at their music, the passion and feeling in the music. I was just like, wtf? Am I just going to cry at everything now?

Even a year into recovery my emotions, my thoughts, my brain and mind are still working hard to create a new stability. I guess if you figure 15 years of drug use/abuse, it makes sense to take so long. Just wondering if others also experience a lot of crying at a variety of emotions? What are your thoughts and experiences?