View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi,

I've been through marriage counseling with my ex, when he was my H. Actually though it wasn't supposed to be marriage counseling. It was his therapist, who also wanted to see me after he had gone a few times.

My ex was always divorcing me, (lol) then would change his mind, then would go to a therapist, then would find out that he might actually do work on himself, so he was divorcing me again!!!!!!

He actually did want the therapist to tell me what a bad person I was, and that I needed to change, so that he did not have to look at himself. When they didn't do that, and they validated me, then he didn't love me, and didn't think we would make it, and wanted a divorce.

I didn't want to throw away our marriage, I wanted to work on things, I couldn't stay angry that long either, but as soon as I wasn't angry he would pull another stunt. Mine liked to run away from home.

That thing about him giving it a 50/50 shot is pure manipulation. He will stay only if you shut the eff up. Just let him do what he wants to do, no consequences whatsoever, and he will think about staying.

You deserve so much better.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

PS - I'll bet if you told him you agree with him, and you want a divorce, he would be shocked about that, and "how could you even think of doing that to him".

Last edited by amy55; 10-10-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: adding in PS