View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cantcureit

The worst thing an addict ever does...

So, here is my background info, while my husband was in active heroin addiction, he had an affair with a woman who uses, got her pregnant and he and I now have custody of the child, she has signed of parental rights. I know, I know, I deserve better, I shouldn't put up with it, I should divorce him.
He has been in recovery for 2 years.

So I found out he has been talking to another woman (flirty, but not sexually) behind by back. He has also told me he is thinking about taking our child to see his ex g/f (child's mother) IN JAIL!! He wants to try and be friends with her?! To say i'm hurt is an understatement. When I confronted him about the other woman he said that he doesn't know why I stay with him, he will never be good enough for me ect. ect. He says he loves me, but that he can't be "what I need". I think that he is just pushing me away because he feels unworthy of my love. Has anybody else had anything similar happen? How did it resolve, did it resolve, when did you know it was really over?

Also, if you wouldn't mind, can somebody share the most hurtful thing the addict you love has ever done to you? I feel really stupid, embarrassed and hurt...I don't know if I should keep fighting. Positive stories will help too. We haven't even kissed in 3 weeks and he doesn't even want to be around me it seems.