Thread: relapsed hard
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
southern26

I just thought I'd check in. Coming up on 60 hours. I figured out I wasn't just seeing random lights, but the lights that were actually there were kind of blurred and whizzing around when I'd move my eyes. I researched sleep deprivation and I'm fairly certain that's what was happening. Also thinking seeing things move in my peripherals. And another symptom is micro-sleeps, which I've had a few of. Just pacing through the house I'd sort of black out for just a split second. Like someone hit skip forward on my life remote for one screen shot. It all makes sense seeing as how I hadn't slept at all since about 6 hours Sunday night. And that was drunk sleep so you know it wasn't quality sleep. After figuring this out my anxiety improved. I think because I no longer feared a seizure as much. Actually slept a solid 4 hours after that. No nightmares or anything. And I could have slept so much longer I think. I feel much better today, just tired still. Coming up on 60 hours since my last drink. Feeling so thankful for everyone's concern and posts and prayers. I'm going to come back here and I think this site will help me remember in the future why I can't drink. Shay's share was very moving and I'm lucky not to be in that kind of shape. But I could be if I were to continue drinking. I'm thinking next time it comes up I'm going to tell my wife I'm done, and I want her to help me stick to it. Thanks again everybody.