View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
Sometimes I say to myself, "I'm a guy and I cannot relate to women's posts on here". "I don't think I fit it here". Then I remember why I'm here. I remind myself it's not a popularity contest. I need to come here each and everyday whether I post or not to remind myself that I will not make 60 at the rate I was going. If maybe one day out of the week I'll be able to give someone some good advice and certainly receive some, I should be elated.

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death...what else can one say?

I hope I didn't **** anyone off or take anything out of context, but I'm just stating the truth. And the truth will set you free.

Let's keep it alive Septembrites and remember why we are here. And I wish nothing but the best for those who find another way out of this war with alcohol.
Thanks NT!!! I loved what you wrote and I can't imagine it would tick anyone off. My vote - respectful honesty can never be wrong. I'm glad you're here. You fit!

The male perspective is just as important. And I suspect the stuff we post is read by quite a few lurkers. Alcoholism doesn't discriminate - it attacks everyone.

So...we are in this war together. I'm glad you have our backs.