Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Recoverynow View Post
Well this is day 1, I said on another thread last night my last drink was yesterday morning but I kipped for a few hours and got my days mixed up. Doh! My last drink was actually Monday morning. Shaky but feeling a little more human now.

Anyhow my BIG PLAN to never drink again has started. The addictive voice is telling me 'Yeah right! You... not drink again?! ha ha ha. After all those failed attempts? ha ha'. My life has been dominated by my alcohol addiction since I was young. 16, 17 years later it has to stop, I cannot and will not live like this anymore.

I will post on here regularly to 'check in' for added accountability. Wouldn't it be great if today was the first day of the rest of my life? Recovering and moving forward like lots of others seem to be doing. Ive had too many false dawns, next time I may not have the strength to pick myself up again.

OK Big plan. Here we go, wish me luck folks!! Cheers for reading this (Oi stop falling asleep over there! I'm finished now, promise!!)
Hi Recoverynow,

Of course, "today is the first day of the rest of [your] life". The "Wouldn't it be great..." doubting is 100% your addictive voice - straight from your terrified Beast who just heard you say "...I cannot and will not live like this any more."

There's other AV in your OP and also in the other responses above. As you get better at recognizing IT, you can always come back to read this thread with further insight. I think the hardest part of AVRT is keeping it pristine from non-AVRT recovery beliefs.

A person can have their last drink only once in their lives. I have every confidence you have perfect control over that having happened last Monday.

GT