View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ashamedof

I know all about tramadol and how dangerous this drug is. I was up to 15 pills daily at one time. My friend took 100mg and had a full blown seizure so it shouldn't be taken lightly at all. I would rather detox 3-5 days from Percocet than tramadol. Any day. "Tramadol is not only known to stimulate an opioid, analgesic effect, tramadol is also known to be a serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (an SNRI). Thus, tramadol has a weak anti-depressive effect. This mechanism of action is what enables this chemical to be effective against nerve pain. Many types of nerve pain respond to anti-depressants like Cymbalta and Elavil. Tramadol is not just an opioid. Tramadol is an opioid and an anti-depressant. This dual action drug has a one-two punch against pain."

That's why it's hard to kick but it's absolutely possible and I would signets talking to a therapist as well. The depression from not taking tramadol is much worse in my opinion than Vicodin. Keep posting on these boards! It's helps and start taking vitamins, eat as healthy as possible and keep moving!

Good luck!