View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CarNut77

Unhappy Cutting ties with Alcohol

Hi All,
I've decided to quit drinking. I found this site searching through Bing, and it looks like a good place to be open about thoughts and struggles. My reasons for quitting:

1. Kids - I have two young daughters, and don't want to miss out anymore because I had a "bad" day and decided to drink.

2. Health - I am relatively young with lots of health issues. High blood pressure, skin problems, ear problems, anxiety.

3. Work - I've got a great oppurtunity, and have been slacking due to drinking. I counted down until 5pm every day, then it moved to 4:30, then 4...

4. Money - I probably spend 700 or more per month on alcohol. It also causes me to "impulse" buy.

5. Weight - Not good for the diet for sure.

I had my last drink yesterday and decided that I'm done. I can't live the lie anymore, it is not acceptable to be anebriated on a daily basis. It clouds my judgement. I am hoping to find encouragement and techniques to stay on track here. My wife drinks too, and has already said she won't be quitting, but I've got to do this. Thanks for listening.