Thread: struggling
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JadeSatellite

Talk with us here about your feelings anytime you want. I have screwed up my relationship with my partner just recently... TWICE... gave me another chance and I blew it. I'm lucky they are still supportive and are willing to be a roommate, so I feel like I dodged a bullet. But what I know is that when you hound a partner, they can only put up with so much, especially if they have had to deal with an alcoholic. You have to find other ways to keep yourself from hounding and hounding. If she is OK with talking about your feelings about keeping sober, or your plan, do that. But you also need to be honest even if it will hurt her. By being honest and keeping with your plan, you will *show* her that you mean business - that is what a person committed to a plan of sobriety and a plan to rebuild a relationship does. That probably means telling her about the money problem, and talking with your therapist about it asap so you can make other arrangements. Believe me, the best thing you can do is to stop asking for that reassurance, and instead *show* her that you mean business about doing whatever it takes to salvage your relationship with her.