Old 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
WhitePawn
Waking Up Sober--priceless

Day 11 update

Well the second week has been much more difficult than the first week which I thought was way too easy. I had to drive out of state to my mothers house for a family reunion this weekend, and I started out by having dinner with on old drinking buddy that goes back 35 years. Seeing him was actually sad, as he is in such bad shape from drinking and other than a short stint in VA rehab he has never tried to quit--hopefully he'll still be round in a year or 2.
Then my mom wanted me to go get some bourbon to help her sleep, after I explained that I wasn't drinking anymore she dropped the idea--but the seed was planted. The next evening was really difficult so I spent 2 or 3 hours on SR--I even went to the chat room and had a few laughs which really helped.
On reunion day there was a lot of stress prepping everything, but it went well, at least till everyone left and I began to binge on leftover chocolate cake--a new first for me.
Back home today--rode my bike--drinking some nice tea and relaxing sober. Can't wait to wake up in the morning sober still again! I do love the morning.