Thread: I relapsed...
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MattyBoy

Originally Posted by readerbaby71 View Post
Matty, maybe you should sit your roommates down and let them know you do not drink anymore. Period. If you tell them maybe they'll stop trying to cajole you into it. Three beers after five months is a slip. Don't let it turn into a relapse. Good luck to you! College is a tough place to be sober. Stay strong.
One of them knows I had an issue with alcohol, he just doesn't take it seriously. It's this distinction that people make between alcohol and drugs that frustrates me. It's like, as long as it's only alcohol it will be fine , kind of mentality. I've been out to clubs in the last week very happily sober, I honestly do not know why I drank the beer last night. I think I wanted to make this thread as a little warning to anyone who may be considering drinking again... In my humble opinion, once you've recognised there's an issue with alcohol, and you've posted on a site like this, there is no way you can go back to drinking and actually enjoy it.. So yeah , hope you're all having a good day and to all the long time sober folk here... Ill catch up with you one day, about 20 hours ago I was as confident in my recovery as you are now. Seriously don't let it slide...