Old 10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
jacrazz

Originally Posted by forworse View Post
Keep in mind we are talking about an alcoholic's brain here. We will never understand their motivations nor should we spend much time doing so. His frontal lobe and other parts of his brain and nervous system are impaired, damaged or dysfunctional. They all get possessive about silly things(mine called the cops on me for taking her keys- guess who left in the police car for her first Baker Act) My medicine, my Vodka, my phone, my my my...
Work on what makes you happy. When you find peace with yourself and stop worrying about him and his seemingly nonsensical behavior he will likely notice and may eventually sober up long enough to figure out he needs treatment. I could write books on the crazy things my aw has done. Now shes in treatment and I have asked her why she put 5 of her blood pressure pills in a breath mint tin in the drawer where I keep ball caps. Why she hid beers outside of the lanai. Why, why, why...the only answer I have gotten consistently is 'I don't know' If they don't know why they do things, how would we ever figure it out?
Wow....I find the Baker Act quite fascinating due to the fact that it can be initiated by law enforcement as opposed to here in NYS where it must be 2 doctors. Im in the psych/addiction part of Nursing School and we just spoke about involuntary commitment today and this stuff is facinating to me!

Sorry to get off topic but yes, I still scratch my head when I think back at my XAFB bahavior!