Thread: Mentoring.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
StNick

I appreciate all of the responses very much! And I did expect some of the thoughts you folks have shared especially regarding a guy mentoring a girl. I truly understand what you are talking about with that.

My niece tells me everything...........and no, I do not want to hear it. But I choose to let her talk because I feel there is a need. The family does not support her at all.......I stand alone. I have also helped one of my nieces friends........and she is a success story. Not because of me, but because of what she has chosen which is a better life. I singled out mentoring a girl because of the communication and it seems I am not too bad at it. What do I have to offer? Well, my ear and to prove that someone actually cares.

If it is better for me to help out a guy/man, I would certainly consider it strongly. But I truly believe that the losers in this situation are mostly girls. It is heartbreaking to know someone that is an abuser. It is more heartbreaking to understand how "willing" they are to be abused!

I will look into attending some Nar-ANON meetings as well as AA. I have my own understanding of things but I certainly need a different perspective. Big brothers and big sisters is also a great option that I can look into.

I don't want to ramble on here, I simply want to help. Like all of you good folks on this site, I care.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!