Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
forworse

Keep in mind we are talking about an alcoholic's brain here. We will never understand their motivations nor should we spend much time doing so. His frontal lobe and other parts of his brain and nervous system are impaired, damaged or dysfunctional. They all get possessive about silly things(mine called the cops on me for taking her keys- guess who left in the police car for her first Baker Act) My medicine, my Vodka, my phone, my my my...
Work on what makes you happy. When you find peace with yourself and stop worrying about him and his seemingly nonsensical behavior he will likely notice and may eventually sober up long enough to figure out he needs treatment. I could write books on the crazy things my aw has done. Now shes in treatment and I have asked her why she put 5 of her blood pressure pills in a breath mint tin in the drawer where I keep ball caps. Why she hid beers outside of the lanai. Why, why, why...the only answer I have gotten consistently is 'I don't know' If they don't know why they do things, how would we ever figure it out?