View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by Gravel View Post

I'm trying to see why a lot of us here like to go there and it's hard to come up with reasons.
I hated going there and I managed to find a way to avoid black outs. Didn't stop me drinking though, I just had to give up tequila and vodka.

The term blackout confused me for a long time though, I thought it meant you had passed out. So those nights where I can only remember the first couple of drinks, I thought they were normal, though a little freaky. I knew I had drank more because I would go back to my friends the next day and compare notes and see the empty vodka bottle. I truly didn't seem to give a sh;t at that point and would frequently find myself drunk with little memory of how and why I was where I was. I would always manage to get home though. But I forgot large sections of other parts of my life. I remember having family visiting and having no idea they would be there in the morning. Like I had also forgot stuff from before I got drunk. Very odd. This was all before I hit 20 though. It happened a few times at college, once really badly where I literally lost an entire day and from then on I switched to beer. I only blacked out on spirits. I don't think anyone likes it, it is just an unfortunate side effect of drinking, and there isn't much we let get in the way of that...