Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BookNerd

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Booknerd, get your own tools! And here's how: GARAGE SALES and FLEA MARKETS and ESTATE SALES.
Hey, that's a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that.

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
I second Tuffgirl with reckless abandon -- get your own tools!! His attitude is not your problem. And if we keep "keeping the peace" nothing ever changes. Unless you believe he will get physically violent (as with tools: SAFETY FIRST) over it, take this power back!
Thank you SparkleKitty! I don't think he would get physically violent. His way is to make a big fuss, whine and yell, act like an idiot, then go and sulk for a while. But that's it. I think if I just started making a sand box he would yell and swear a bunch then give me the silent treatment for a few days. Then he would move onto snarky comments for a while. But he does that half the time anyway, so it's not like it would be a big deal.

I have been having fun looking for sand box ideas online. It makes me happy to think that I am going to do something nice for my kids, that they will love. We had a sandbox at our old house (which my husband built, he was more active in those days) and the boys used to spend hours in there.